Mini Review: Funko Pop! Princess Leia and Faye Valentine

Hi everyone! How are you? No, I haven't made up my mind yet about those dolly names that I'm supposed to choose. Mr. Monster and I have been assembling some Ikea furniture and re-organizing the doll/craft/study room. I have some doll reviews to do before the new course stars, and also I have a new sewing machine that I haven't used yet. I'd love to do a doll couch, so I can display my Barbie dolls in their new shelves. 


Funko Pop Princess Leia Faye Valentine

Today I'm just going to do a quick review of two of my last Funko Pop! figurines: Faye Valentine and Princess Leia. I bought them a while ago and Mr. Monster was a little very impacient to open them, so we can display them with the rest of our Funko collection. So here we go.

Let's start with Faye. In case you don't know, Faye Valentine is one of the main characters in an anime TV show from the late 90s called Cowboy Bebop. The show was about a group of bounty hunters that travelled across the Universe in their spaceship, the Bebop. It was very popular back then and it's one of my favourite anime shows.

Faye's box is white, with some nice Cowboy Bebop details on there. 


On the back of the box, we appreciate more the artwork and we can also see the other characters in the line.


 Out of the box, Faye needs a clear base to stand on her own, as her feet are too small. She's so detailed... I love her!




Look at this details of the outfit. 


 From the back, she has a sassy pose.


 Leia's box has the same shape as Faye's but the design is more simple and has less details.


 On the back, we can see other Star Wars characters featured in this wave. 


 Leia comes with a black stand with the Star Wars logo on it. Of all the Funko figures that I have, the only ones that have this type of stands are the Star Wars characters. Has anyone seen them in other franchise figures? She looks slightly different to the other Funkos, and I think that's because this is quite an old Pop! design. Oh, and she's a bobblehead.


 She looks a little bit weird from the back. 



Without the black stand, Leia is much shorter than Faye. Did they start to make them bigger at some point? My other bobbleheads aren't smaller than the vinyl ones.


Well, this is quick update of my Funko collection. I hope to be able to do a doll-related post soon. I still need to make up my mind and reveal wich names have I chosen for my girls!

Do you guys like my new Funkos? Do you collect them?

M.C.




Comments

  1. Faye!!! I loved Cowboy Bebop and was really into it. What a cute little Faye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff! She's really cute, isn't she! When I got her, I was on the fence about getting Spike aswell, and I didn't so I must try to get him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy